Time for a Change


Okay everyone, time for a belated career update. I have been working at the Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology for a while now, but I haven't told too many people about it.

My previous job as a creative writer at Marshall Cavendish Education, where I worked for almost 3 years, was the best job I'd had thus far in life. It involved writing, editing, proofreading and being creative, all of which I enjoy.

It was rather hard for me to leave, and even to talk about leaving, as I had no major complaints with my job or coworkers. However, a new and interesting opportunity presented itself, along with better benefits including work-related travel, and I couldn't say no.

So, now I am a language editor at the Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology. Thus far, I have been editing abstracts and scientific articles for our journal, the Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology. I have also edited some newsletters and programs for upcoming ophthalmology conferences, which are called congresses though I don't know why.

Most exciting of all, I will be traveling to Sydney, Australia, later this week for the 9th annual Asia Pacific Vitreo-retina Society congress. I may go to another event in Mexico in February, and I will be in Taipei for our own conference next March!

Comments